Offer-Amazon

Saturday 21 July 2012

Fasting

Today is the first day of Ramadan. The holiest month in Islam. The month in which Al-Quran was first revealed. The month that has a night that is better than a thousand months. A month which fasting is made compulsory for those believe that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad(SAW) is His Messenger.

My religion is much misunderstood. Linked with terrorism because of a few who claim to be Muslims blow themselves up. That and my belief that religion is purely a matter between the created and his Creator are the reasons why I don't write about it.

This post is not about why I kneel in front of the One God. It is not about the glory of my faith. This is about the benefits of fasting.

There are many benefits to fasting but for me number one is clarity of  my mind. Usually after a week of fasting, I see things better. My understanding of things are faster. I learn quicker. I have yet to check why.

Some of other benefits of fasting are:

1. Detoxification. As there are no food entering the body,the body turns to fat reserves for energy. These fat reserves which was  created when excess glucose and carbohydrates were not used for energy or growth. When the fat reserves are used for energy during a fast, it releases the chemicals from the fatty acids into the system which are then eliminated through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph glands, and skin.

2. Healing. During fasting energy is diverted from the digestive system to other parts of the body, especially to the auto-immune system.

3. Human growth hormones are released. Contributes to anti-aging.


4. Body is well rested and this contributes to higher energy levels.

5. Weight Loss. This is one of the benefits of fasting but Ido not recommend fasting as a primary way to lose weight.

6. Prevent disease of the mind. Read about it here.




No comments: