Offer-Amazon

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Old Papers

I came across some old magazines today.

The first thing you notice about them is the smell. There is something unique about the smell of papers that have aged. It instantly makes one feel a part of history. Then you see the print. No fancy lettering. Neat and tidy. Uncluttered.



And then there is the adverts. Simple and straight to the point. You got to love them.

As I was going through them, I wondered about the its readers. I saw the publishing date, June 1970. What was going through their minds. I wondered about the writers. Where are they now? Are they still alive? Did they finished their careers as journalists or did they moved on.

As I put back the magazines in its place, I felt grateful for the invention of paper and ink that allowed one generation of mankind to capture its thought and allow the next generation to have knowledge of it.



No comments: