Offer-Amazon

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Being Yourself

What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think.
This rule, equally arduous in actual and intellectual life, may serve
for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the
harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is
your duty better than you know it. It is easy in the world to live
after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our
own; but the great person is one who in the midst of the crowd keeps
with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do you often find yourself trying to justify everything? Do you try to please everyone? We all face this pressure to confirm to our surroundings. We do not like to be the odd one out. We want to fit in. We do not one to be the one that rocks the boat.
As I grow older, I realise that I dot need to confirm to anything. I realise that I have every right to be think what I want. I have every right to speak my mind and deserve to be heard.

I am what I am and no one has the right to tell me to be anyone else.

No comments: